INVITES INDONESIAN CITIZENS OR ASEAN NATIONALS
WITH PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS IN INDONESIA
TO APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING VACANCY
As a dynamic region with a population of more than 575 million that aims to live in peace and share prosperity, the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) has embarked on an initiative to build an ASEAN Economic Community (AEC). The AEC is envisioned as a competitive economic region well integrated into the global economy, having equitable economic development, and serving as single market and production base.
In the implementation of the various economic agreements constituting the architecture of the AEC, ASEAN Member States prescribe to the AEC Blueprint and are supported by the Government of Australia through the ASEAN‐Australia Development Cooperation Program (AADCP) II.
The Trust Fund/Accounts Officer will support the AADCP II and work closely with the Finance & Budget Division of the ASEAN Secretariat pertaining to all aspects of day‐today coordination and management of budget and financial matters of AADCP II Funding.
Trust Fund/Accounts Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Trust Fund/Accounts Officer's duties will cover, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative support with respect to the implementation of projects in the area of AADCP II Funding.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the Finance & Budget Division in regards to AADCP II Trust Funds.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for certification by the Head of Finance and Budget Division, verify and supervise daily transaction activities to comply with ASEC Financial Rules and the new ASEC Financial System (SunSystems v5).
- Provide support and assistance in the implementation of the new ASEC Financial System (SunSystems v5).
- Perform other relevant duties commensurate with the post and as assigned by the Assistant Director, Senior Officer and/or higher authorities of the AADCP II and ASEAN Secretariat.
- At least Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- A minimum of four (4) years relevant work experience in technical role.
- Sound oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, including experience in cross‐cultural environment and international settings.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
- Knowledge of the SunSystems v5 will be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise tasks and work flows, with proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Proven skills in problem solving in a complex organisational environment and in work planning.
Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where relevant to the position; ability to multi‐task, work long and irregular hours, perform outside the usual job scope and ability to function effectively independently and as part of a team.
Remuneration and Benefits:
A salary package will be negotiated commensurable with experience. Upon completion of the probationary period, the candidate will be confirmed for a two‐year contract, inclusive of the six‐month probationary period, in the first instance.
How to apply:
Send your application to:
AADCP II Admin/Personnel, The ASEAN Secretariat, 70A Sisingamangaraja, Jakarta 12110
or email to: email@example.com
highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport‐sized photograph and certified true copies of educational certificates obtained, and completed Employment Application Form with recent photograph, which can be downloaded HERE
Please indicate on the subject: Application for AADCP II Trust Fund/Accounts Officer.
Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 8 July 2011.
The Selection Committee's decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
pethel 01 Jul, 2011