The US Mission in Jakarta provides equal opportunity as well as fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. The open vacancies job can be found below
Shipping Assistant US Embassy - Jakarta Indonesia
Position Shipping Assistant/Chauffeur, FSN-6*, FP-8*
Opening Date July 7, 2011
Closing Date July 27, 2011
Work Hours Full time; 40 hours/ week.
- Not-ordinarily Resident (Position Grade: FSN-6* or FP-8* NOR)
- Ordinarily Resident: Rp. 69,275,463- p.a. (Full performance starting salary)
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy Jakarta is seeking individual for the position of Shipping Assistant/Chauffeur in the Overseas Building Operations (OBO) Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The incumbent responsible to facilitate the importation, free entry, customs clearance, release and delivery of OBO and Contractor air and sea official shipments to post in support of multi-million dollar construction contracts at the projects. S/He operates motor vehicles to transport personnel, official visitors, cargo, or documents within the city and surrounding area. Maintains vehicle in clean and serviceable condition and purchases fuel for all project vehicles. Completes daily vehicle logs and accounts for all gas expended. Overtime and weekend work will be required.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Completion a College Degree in Business Administration, Social Science or Finance, International Relations or Construction related degree is required.
- Minimum three years progressive experience in managing logistics, freight forwarding, and customs clearance is required.
- Level IV (fluent) speaking/reading/writing both in English and Bahasa Indonesia are required.
- Must be familiar with the Indonesian government's policies and diplomatic privileges, Indonesian Customs and Traffic Code, Customs requirements and procedure for importation and exportation of goods shipments. Familiarity with local traffic laws and patterns. Must know and be able to navigate to commonly known places of interest such as main government buildings and hotels, main road intersections, main common tourist points of interest.
- Must have good organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be tactful, yet effective, in dealing with host country Customs, immigration, border and other officials, and with officials of shipping, packing, and transfer companies. Ability to negotiate best prices and services. Must have a valid driver's license (SIM B1) – A copy must be attached to applications.
- Must have Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office suite products, specifically MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
pethel 07 Jul, 2011